It’s cutback week.
Less mileage, less everything.
(Except food and drink, it seems.)
But cutback week feels excellent right now. It seems forever since the last time I temporarily reduced mileage because it actually was in my training plan and not because of a minor injury.
*drumroll* I am currently running tape free, insole free and injury free for the first time since I upped my distances to regular over 5k runs fourteen months ago.
I have always had either lingering forefoot, ankle or back pain and right now there is nothing.
It’s awesome. 😀
Some other things that are awesome:
* It was the last day of lessons today. The kids still have a week of school left, but it’s book return day, field trips, concerts, report cards and stuff like that. Different stuff. And since I’ve been working the lesson load of two teachers for the past two months… it means a lot more rest time for me.
* I’ll have time to sleep more than 5-6 hours a day. 🙂
* It’s 16 days until my 52 days of holiday. (!)
* Besides not enough sleep, I now know why I’ve been zombiesh lately. I got back the results of my yearly full blood workup and while it’s better than in years (even my blood sugar was in normal range and all hormones, which has never happened before) then there was one anomaly. My iron supplies are so low that my doctor got serious. Why is it good to know? Because now I can do something about it! I’m on supplements, and working to increase my iron intake naturally as well.
* I have indulged in new running stuff!
So. Back to the theme of the post.
It’s my week of. Definitely.
Three days in and I’ve had someone over for dinner and wine twice already.
Monday it was,
Quinoa and shrimp stir fry and hard apple cider followed by half a bottle of dry Spanish red.
Tuesday, it was,
Gluten free pizza with salami, mushrooms, paprika and blue cheese and some super dry Riesling.
I need to tweak the dough recipe a bit before sharing. It’s my own, and I already like it, but I suspect it might be too bitter tasting for some people. It’s buckwheat based and tastes a bit like Estonian barely bread (for those in the know. ;))
it was chocolate ice cream after work. (I’m telling you, it’s foodie week!) Mostly because two nights in a row with wine and company have left me severely sleep deprived and I needed a pick me up just to get home. 😛
Don’t worry, there have been indulgences on the running side of things as well.
Some time ago, I ordered (based on a lot of reading of reviews) a pair of shoes I’d never seen, touched or tried on– Mizuno Wave Nirvana 9s. They’re not sold in Estonia. 😦
The left me with a week’s worth of waiting.
They got here!
Of course, I immediately had to try them on to make sure they actually fit.
And then. Even though I had no time, I just had to take them out to play. You know.
Just to make sure we got along.
Which all lead to me making pizza dough while still in running clothes on Tuesday evening. And having my guest slice the toppings while I was in the shower. 😛
Tough life of a runner. 😉
(I wouldn’t trade it.)
My second running indulgence was a sheer loose running tank today. For those dog days of Summer coming up. It’s so pretty I wanna wear it already. Not warm enough yet.
I’ll want to talk more about new shoes and technique and injuries, but right now I want even more to crash for at least ten hours before I have to go to work again.
I need rest to run tomorrow. 🙂
Indulgences. They’re awesome, aren’t they? What have been yours lately? 😀